Solar SEO Company
Search engine marketing is one of the easiest ways to generate new leads for your solar energy company.
Solar customers tend to be tech-savvy and well informed, so they naturally gravitate online when researching a solar purchase. Your challenge is twofold:
- You’ll want to be listed as high as possible in search engine results for solar in your area.
- You’ll want to offer your visitors lots of excellent, helpful information that gets them interested and excited about your services.
Putting good solar SEO practices in place accomplishes both goals. Here are some solar SEO tips you can use to bolster your online presence and generate a steady stream of solar customers.
Request A Free Consultation
5 Sizzling SEO Tips for Solar Companies
- Pick the right keywords. Unless you are a solar manufacturer, you need local customers. Therefore, you’ll want to make a list of keywords, or search terms, that target your local area. Combine the names of locations you serve with words and phrases people use to look for solar services. For instance, “Baltimore solar company” or “solar contractor Denver”. Then work these keywords into your website copy. Optimize each page separately for unique groups of keywords. Don’t forget to include keywords in your title tags as well.
- Blog, blog, blog. Adding fresh content to your site is a great way to boost rankings, and blogging is a natural way to do this while also giving your prospects the information they crave. Work keywords into each blog post, and be sure to post intelligently written, engaging and useful information. If you’re not keen on writing, hire a solar SEO agency to help.
- Make your website mobile-friendly. If your site is not set up for mobile traffic, you could be losing a lot of business. More people now use mobile devices (instead of desktops) to research local purchases. Not only does having a mobile-friendly site help keep visitors engaged longer, but Google rewards responsive sites with higher rankings in mobile results. Be sure to choose an experienced solar SEO firm to update your site. It will not just make your website mobile-friendly, but will also put in place a number of technical SEO features to help the site perform even better.
- Join online directories. This helps improve your local rankings. Many people use directory sites such as Angie’s List and Houzz to find local contractors. You’ll also want to set up and optimize your Google My Business listing, along with any local business directories in your area. Be sure to keep your contact information exactly the same across all listings.
- Become an industry authority. Getting backlinks from authoritative sites is a huge part of SEO, and a strategy that many solar companies overlook. Start with your local area. You can often arrange for other local businesses or business groups to link to your site. You’ll also want to submit articles and guest posts. These don’t have to be local — as long as they are legitimate, authoritative sites, getting links from them will boost your rankings. Arranging online publishing requires skills in relationship building as well as content creation. If you are too busy or don’t have the skills in-house, it is worth considering using the services of a solar SEO company to take advantage of this powerful strategy.
SEO takes time to implement, but acting on these solar SEO tips right away will soon bring you an influx of new solar customers.
To learn more about Straight North’s solar SEO services, call us now at 855-883-0011 — or request a quote online.